LOCATION, HOURS, AND ACCESSIBILITY:
The library is located at the north end of the hallway and is available during open church hours and when room is not in use for another activity.
An online catalog is available and may be helpful if you are looking for a specific book. We also encourage you to spend time browsing the shelves in person, which is a great way to find new books.
- We operate on the honor system and are self-serve.
- Please observe a borrowing limit of three items per person in family.
- All items may be checked out for two weeks at a time.
TO CHECK OUT AN ITEM WITH A CARD:
1. Pull the library card out of the pocket on the item located on the inside front cover of book.
2. Write your name and phone number on the library card under “Borrowers Name”.
3. Write today’s date under “date”.
4. Place the card in the small black box on the library desk.
TO CHECK OUT AN ITEM WITHOUT A CARD:
Fill out the appropriate sign out sheet on the library desk for Children’s Board books, Audio/Video, or Group Study Materials.
TO RETURN AN ITEM:
There are 2 conveniently located Library Returns baskets. Please do not attempt to re-shelve the items yourself.
- One basket is located under the table across from the Chapel entrance.
- One basket is located under the Library Desk.
New books or contributions may be donated in memory of a loved one, in thanksgiving, or to honor a special occasion (for example, a book may be donated to commemorate the baptism of a child, a marriage, or an anniversary). A special book plate will be added to the book. Please contact a librarian for book suggestions or questions by emailing email@example.com.
Donations may be placed in the return baskets in the church vestibule and library. The library accepts:
- Audio books
- (No VHS or cassettes, please)
All donated materials will be evaluated for adherence to the teachings of the Magisterium, as well as physical condition and relevance. Any item donated becomes property of The Church of the Madalene. Donated items that do not fit these guidelines may be resold, donated to other organizations or otherwise disposed of at the discretion of the Library Committee.
Biographies & Essays
Church & History
Mary & Saints
Sacraments & Mass
Seasonal & Holy Days
Theology & Doctrine